Graduated Licensing Program – GLP Course
For over 45 years, Joan Wallace Driving School has been ahead of the curve and teaching students of all ages, with individualized lessons, hands-on training and ICBC approved GLP courses.
ICBC Approved GLP Course
Our driver education course is approved by ICBC and takes 37 hours to complete – it consists of the following:
- 16 – 18 hours of in-class instruction
- 12 hours of in-car instruction
- teenSMART: 8 hours of e-learning, (including driver simulations) done on the student’s home computer (certification upon completion)*
- Students road test included and arranged by WDS.
* Not included in the ‘Basic GLP course’
Benefits of GLP Course
- Successful completion of the GLP course within 365 days of the learner phase entitles a learner two High School credits.
- The student may be eligible to a six-month reduction off their “N” if the student remains at fault crash free and point free for 18 months.
- The in-class instruction consists of theory sessions (totaling 3 days) in small classes and are designed to fit the students’ schedules.
teenSMART certification is recognized by all insurance companies in North America for a discount (except ICBC).
Provided the student logs 40 hours of practice with Schedule2Drive (our online scheduling system, which includes a driving log), any extra coaching or testing necessary to have the student licensed (excludes any fees paid to ICBC) will be at no additional cost to the student.*
Sign-up for the GLP course with a friend and save $100 for both of you!
If you and a friend both sign-up for the GLP course (‘Premium’ or higher) at the same time, we will give both you and your friend a $100 discount off of the price of the course